COOKIES AND THEIR USE
What’s a cookie?
- A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your device (e.g. a computer, tablet, smartphone, connected TV, games consoles with an online connection) when you visit a website or view an ad.
- It contains several items of data: the name of the server that sent it, a unique ID number and sometimes an expiry date. Cookies have different purposes. They save your language settings on a website, collect information on your browsing history and send you customised services.
- Only the sender of a cookie can read, save or edit the information inside it.
WHERE DO COOKIES COME FROM?
Our website uses different types of cookie. Their roles are described below, subject to your choice (refer to the chapter: Accepting or declining cookies).
Cookies essential to website operation
These cookies are essential for browsing our website.
They let you:
- use the main website functions and ensure the security of your connection (for example, access to your account);
- access the reserved, personal areas of our website, such as your account, using identifiers or data that you may have provided previously;
- implement security measures, for example, when you are asked to reconnect to specific content or services after a certain period of time.
Without these cookies, you will not be able to use our website normally. We advise you not to delete them.
Functional / functionality cookies
These cookies are not essential for browsing our website but let you optimise operation by giving you access to specific functions. They enable us to:
- personalise your browsing experience (e.g. by showing you the pages most recently viewed);
- store data relating to forms completed on our website (registration or access to your account)
- adapt website presentation to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system, etc.) when you visit our website.
Analytical / audience measurement cookies
These cookies provide us with information on the performance and use of our website. They let us compile statistics, traffic and data on the use of the various components of our website (pages and content visited, click streams). This enables us to improve the relevance and ergonomics of our services (for example, the pages most frequently viewed or looked for via our search engine, etc.).
We use Google Analytics tags for these various surveys.
ACCEPTING OR DECLINING COOKIES: WHAT’S THE PROCEDURE?
Your browser settings
You can disable these cookies at any time. You can also change the settings on your browser to tell you when cookies are placed on your computer and to accept or decline them. You can accept or decline cookies on a case-by-case basis or decline them all.
If your browser is configured to decline all cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of essential website functions, such as receiving personalised recommendations. To manage cookies in a way that suits your needs, we suggest you take account of the purpose of the cookies, as described above, when configuring your browser.
Each browser is configured differently. Use the help menu of your browser to see how to change your cookie preferences. Check the home page of your browser for cookie management settings.
Depending on the browser, several options are available, e.g.: delete existing cookies, block some cookies, delete cookies on closing the browser or refuse all tracking by the website. You can also apply exceptions to a general rule for a given website.
The corresponding pages are as follows:
If your browser (or your browser version) is not in the list, you can find more detailed information on the manufacturer’s website.
Declaring your preferences on third-party websites
You can manage the use of your third-party cookies and decline them directly on these third-party websites.
Configuring the settings on a cookie management platform
You can manage your cookies by visiting the cookie management platforms run by advertising companies.
You can log on to the website www.youronlinechoices.eu set up by online advertising companies as part of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
This will tell you which companies are members of this platform. You can accept or decline the cookies used by these companies to adapt the advertising displayed on your device based on your browsing information:
This European platform is shared by hundreds of online advertising companies. It is a central interface that lets you decline or accept the cookies likely to be used to adapt the advertising displayed on your device based on your browsing information. Note that advertising will still be displayed on the websites you visit. This procedure will block only the technologies used to adapt advertising to your centres of interest.