When you use VEDETTES DE PARIS services, notably those available on the website, mobile site, and mobile apps, VEDETTES DE PARIS, who is responsible for handling data, may collect and process your personal data.
VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to adhering to the regulations concerning the privacy and data security of their passengers, prospects and users of their websites, mobile sites and mobile apps. All data collected through the VEDETTES DE PARIS website is processed in accordance with all local legislation and the terms laid out in the revised version of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, and the General Data Protection Act (EU regulation 2016/679) or “GDPR”.
VEDETTES DE PARIS is responsible for processing your data within these programs.
To ensure the proper application of these regulations, VEDETTES DE PARIS has appointed a Data Protection Officer who serves as the official liaison to the French Data Protection Authority (CNIL). VEDETTES DE PARIS has also put in place appropriate internal procedures to raise awareness amongst its employees and ensure the regulations are correctly implemented within the organization.
HOW IS VEDETTES DE PARIS COMMITTED TO PROTECTING MY DATA?
VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to ensuring a high level of data protection for its customers, prospects, users of its website, mobile site and mobile apps and all other persons whose data it processes.
VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to respecting the regulations that apply to all the data it processes. More specifically, VEDETTES DE PARIS commits in particular to the following principles:
• Your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner (lawfulness, fairness and transparency).
• Your personal data is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes (purpose limitation).
• Your personal details kept in a form which permits the identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed (storage limitation).
• Your personal data is accurate, kept up to date, and every reasonable step is taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (accuracy).
VEDETTES DE PARIS has put in place appropriate technical and organizational measures in order to ensure a sufficiently high level of security in relation to the inherent risk involved in data processing, to meet regulatory demands and to protect the rights and the data of the people concerned from the moment the data is collected.
Moreover, VEDETTES DE PARIS contractually requires that its subcontractors (service providers, suppliers, etc.) implement the same level of data protection.
Finally, VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to adhering to all other principles related to data protection, and more specifically, pertaining to users’ rights, the duration of time that data is stored, as well as obligations regarding the transfer of personal data.
HOW DOES VEDETTES DE PARIS USE THE DATA IT COLLECTS?
1. How we collect your data
When you use VEDETTES DE PARIS online services, we receive your data through different channels and more specifically on our websites, our mobile sites and mobile apps, whilst you are browsing, buying or booking online, when you complete an online form, when you sign up to the newsletter, when you apply for a job position, when you post comments on our social media, when you make contact with VEDETTES DE PARIS or when you send your data to us in any other way.
2. Purpose for data processing and legal grounds
Your personal data is primarily used to enable you book and purchase tickets and for us to provide specific services: market research, creating customer loyalty, activities, sales information, satisfaction surveys, organizing competitions, new products and services designed to improve customer experience, statistical surveys, recruitment, customer service, handling customer requests and/or complaints, but also to ensure cruise safety and security and to combat fraud.
In addition to instances where we received consent from you (notably to communicate personalized offers with you), it is necessary for us to collect your data for the aforementioned purposes:
• To enable the fulfillment of the transport contract
• To comply with a legal obligation (notably to ensure flight safety, carry out the mandatory immigration processes in conjunction with French or foreign public authorities…)
• For legimitate purposes in the interest of VEDETTES DE PARIS (to develop new services and products, improve the loyalty programs, improve customer services…).
More specifically, your data will be used:
• to allow you to benefit from services available on the VEDETTES DE PARIS website, mobile site and mobile apps: creation of user accounts, e-newsletters, managing reservations, assistance and claims, etc.
• to provide a seamless browsing experience on our websites,
• to ensure that the information, notifications, promotions, and other services we provide are suited to your interests,
VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to storing your personal data no longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was processed. Furthermore, VEDETTES DE PARIS stores your personal data in accordance with the retention period imposed by current regulations.
WHO USES THE PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED BY VEDETTES DE PARIS?
1. Who may use your data
Personal data collected on the VEDETTES DE PARIS website, mobile site and mobile apps may be communicated to authorized VEDETTES DE PARIS personnel, its partners) or to providers of other related services, in order to carry out the services as outlined above.
Please note that in these specific cases, VEDETTES DE PARIS requires its subcontractors (service providers, suppliers, etc.) to implement strict confidentiality and data protection policies.
HOW CAN I EXERCISE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
As outlined in the French “IT security and freedoms” law, you have the right to view, change, delete, or contest any data pertaining to you, as well as to limit, withdraw and refuse the transmission of your personal data.
Furthermore, you have the legal right to decide what happens to your personal data in the case of death.
Moreover, any person under the age of 16 at the time the personal data was collected may request that the data be deleted at the earliest opportunity.
Requests to exercise this right must be addressed to:
VEDETTES DE PARIS
Data Protection Officer
Port de Suffren
E-mail address : email@example.com
Please provide details including your full name and e-mail address in order for us to be able to identify you, as well as any other relevant information to confirm your identity.
You also have the right to receive help from the CNIL (Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés) in the event of a violation of the regulations regarding Personal Data and, more specifically, the GDPR.
You also have the right to refuse for your data to be collected for marketing purposes. When required by law, personal data will only be used for online marketing once your express consent has been obtained.
HOW ARE VEDETTES DE PARIS ONLINE SERVICES CONNECTED TO SOCIAL MEDIA AND MY MOBILE DEVICES?
VEDETTES DE PARIS seeks to continuously improve its electronic services to facilitate access to its customers, potential customers and visitors. The VEDETTES DE PARIS website (and mobile site) notably provides 24-hour access to online booking and ticketing services.
In a continued effort to improve the services offered on the website and meet customer expectations, VEDETTES DE PARIS may use “cookies.” These are text files used to identify customers’ devices when accessing VEDETTES DE PARIS services.
The storage of cookies or tracers on your device (desktop computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) allows VEDETTES DE PARIS to gather information and personal data. Depending on the settings on your device, cookies permit the following:
• Cookies enable you to use the major features on the VEDETTES DE PARIS website.
• They help us improve our website and detect any bugs you may encounter.
• They enable us to remember your choices and preferences and personalize your user interface.
• They allow us to gather statistics in order to manage traffic to the website and the use of different sections of the VEDETTES DE PARIS website (visited pages, navigation habits of the user) which allow us to improve the user experience on the website and the services we offer you.
• They enable us to track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns by counting and analyzing the number of sales and clicks associated with our marketing investments.
• They show us the content of pages you view, your cruise searches.
VEDETTES DE PARIS is committed to ensuring the security and privacy of the personal data that you provide us. We implement all necessary technical and organizational measures, with regards to the nature, impact and context of the personal data that you share with us and the risks involved in processing it, in order to protect your personal data and, more specifically, to prevent any corruption, damage, or unauthorized use by third parties, either through accident or criminal activity. You can therefore purchase your ticket on our website with the guarantee that your data is kept confidential and secure.
Everyone has a part to play in data security and privacy. For this reason, we recommend that you avoid communicating passwords to others, and that you log out of your VEDETTES DE PARIS and social media accounts (especially if these accounts are linked) and close your browser window when leaving the VEDETTES DE PARIS website, especially when using a public device to access the internet. This way, other users will not be able to access your personal information.
We strongly advise against communicating any document issued by VEDETTES DE PARIS that contains your personal details (boarding pass, ticket number, etc.) to third parties or posting such documents on social media.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Several pages on the VEDETTES DE PARIS website contain links to access the websites of other companies. We recommend that you read the data privacy policies of these non-VEDETTES DE PARIS websites, as these terms may vary from those on the VEDETTES DE PARIS website. VEDETTES DE PARIS is not responsible for the use of your personal data on these external websites.
For any further questions related to this policy or the way in which VEDETTES DE PARIS processes your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org